Serves: 3-4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
This is a fantastic, satisfying and easy meal that was inspired by an overabundance of Jalapenos (from my Door to Door Organics veggie delivery box) that needed to be used up and a craving for something sweet and spicy and hearty. I chose to put this on some lightly toasted Sourdough bread because I had it in the house, but think that hearty rolls would be great too.
• Buns, Rolls or Sourdough bread for serving
• Trader Joe’s BBQ Pulled Pork (heated according to directions)
For the Slaw:
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1.5 teaspoons honey
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
• 1 10 oz bag slaw mix
• ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the slaw by mixing together all of the ingredients. Cover until ready to serve. I usually like to prepare this about half an hour in advance to let all of the flavors get some time to mix.
2. Toast your bread or rolls lightly.
3. Heat the TJ’s BBQ Pulled Pork according to the package directions and serve onto the rolls
4. Top with the slaw and serve